Butter cups are a very popular American candy and confectionery, consisting of cups made of different variety of chocolates; filled with butter made from again different ingredients. The outer layer can consist of milk, dark, white or even vegan chocolate and the inner filing can consist of butter made of almonds, peanuts or coconuts. These are very delicious desserts and confectionery items. For Coconut Butter cup recipe head over here.
It is very easy to make at home. For almond butter cups, the main ingredients that we require are Cocoa Powder, Coconut Oil and natural sweeteners (either honey/maple syrup/stevia.)
Instructions for the outer layer(cups):
- Take 1 cup of melted coconut oil, 1/2-3/4 cups of cocoa powder(depending on taste), 3-5 tbsp of a natural sweetener (honey/maple syrup/stevia) in a bowl.
- Whisk all of these ingredients together and form a mixture.
- Take a muffin tin with papercups/liners, and pour some of this mixture into those papercups inside muffin tins.
- Now, freeze these cups for about 5-10 minutes.
Instructions for making the filling:
- You can either buy almond butter or make it yourself.
- For the complete recipe to make Almond Butter, head over here.
- Now, take a bite size portion of this Almond Butter, and pour it into each of the above cups.
- After this, cover the cups with either the outer Cocoa mixture or melted chocolate.
- Add some nuts and / or a sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over these delicious cups.
- Freeze these cups for at-least one (1) hour or until they turn solid. YUMMY.
The end result is just amazingly beautiful and yummy. Just delicious.
Almond Butter Cups
Almond Butter Cups, a really awesome dessert for anyone who needs to avoid refined sugar.
- 1 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder ((depends on taste))
- 3-5 tbsp Natural Sweeteners ((Maple syrup or Honey))
- 1 tsp Salt
- A Pinch: Sea Salt ((for topping))
Take the coconut oil, cocoa powder, salt and sweetener in a bowl and whisk them up.
Take a Muffin Tin and fill it up with paper liners. Take a small of this cocoa mixture and pour it in these paper cups. Now, pour a very small quantity of almond butter(1-2 tsp) inside the centre of the mixture.
Now, if the almond butter is sticking to the top, then you should gently press it down. Pour some of the cocoa mixture again, and form a smooth top layer.
Sprinkle some sea salt over these cups.
Now, freeze these cups for about an hour. That’s all. Yummy Almond Butter Cups are ready to serve.
- These cups can be stored in a refrigerator or freezer easily for about a period of two weeks.
- You can make different versions of cups, with different filling and/or outer layering.